Canadian online casinos are particularly appealing to Canadians who prefer gambling with their own currency. Many also offer special promotions to Canadian gamblers. All of these casinos accept the American dollar but few, if any, will accept United States players. The reason for this is recent United States legislation making the processing of online gaming funds illegal.
In the face of criminal and civil proceedings, American financial institutions stopped handling transactions that involved online gambling sites. Difficulties in accepting American funds and then disbursing the winnings prompted Canadian online sites to disallow American players. In fact, the Canadian owners of Neteller, a business that processes online gambling transactions, were arrested in the United States for violating the new online gaming law.
Funding Online Gambling
Most major currencies are accepted and many funding options are available in most Canadian online casinos including:
- VISA and MasterCard
Auditing Keeps Online Casinos Safe
Several casinos are mentioned by multiple sources as being safe, reliable, and exciting. These online casinos are verified by independent auditing companies for the accuracy of their software and honesty in their dealings.
All Slots Casino has an array of 450 games and uses online programming that allows their games to be played without downloading any software. Additionally, it will refund 10% of a player’s losses each month up to a limit of $450. All Slots also has 60 tournaments per month a weekly $25,000 tournament. Other features of this website include:
- eCommerce and Online Gaming Regulation and Assurance verification of software and mediation of player disputes
- 64-bit security encryption
- Real-time online support to facilitate the depositing and withdrawing of funds
- Audited payback of 97.81%
- Accepts Canadian, Australian, and U.S. dollars as well as the Euro, Pound Sterling, and Kroner
Jackpot City Casino
Jackpot City Casino is one of the oldest Canadian online casinos have begun operation in 1998. Nearly half of the 450 casino games are slots with the remainder being the table and card games. Additionally:
- Daily slot and blackjack tournaments
- Payouts processed within 24 hours
- 100% matching signup bonus up to $500
- Loyalty point redeemable for cash
- Microgaming software and third-party verification
Golden Tiger Casino
The Golden Tiger Casino offers over 200 games and a verified average payout of 97.54%. This casino offers many inducements to attract new players including:
- A new player bonus of $1,500 worth of free spins
- First deposit will be matched at the rate of 50% up to $250
- New players eligible for one hour of free play with the casino’s cash
The Maple Casino offers the gambler over 550 games and progressive jackpots on many of the slots. This casino also uses eCogra for honesty and accuracy verification and dispute mediation. New players are offered one hour of free play with no initial deposit required. Each time you fund your account using Instadebit you will earn a 15% bonus. Support is available online or via a toll-free number.
Canadian online casinos will accept no United States players; however, they are well regulated and offer the newest gaming technology.